As a holiday rep in Magaluf, you will be responsible for making sure guests are happy and have everything they need. You will need to be outgoing, confident and charming with an infectious smile for this role.
What to expect
Companies hiring you will have very high standards of customer service which you must keep to at all times. You will often be the first person holidaymakers will meet, so you must be punctual and professional at all times. Expect this to be a heavily customer service-driven role, with some sales involved too. You will often meet guests at the airport depending on the tour operator, or you may be hotel based if you are employed by a hotel chain.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Meet & greet for guests either at the airport or hotel.
- Hosting welcome meetings on their first or second day.
- Dealing with complaints.
- Selling excursions and activities.
- Learning about the local area to offer suggestions to guests.
- Health and safety and risk assessments.
- Taking part in entertainment depending on the company.
- Keeping records and reports.
Salaries depend on the company but expect around 50-60 Euros per shift. You can often earn extra commission from selling events and activities,
Hours vary but you can expect to work 5 or 6 days per week, around 8 hours per day. You can expect early mornings, split shifts and late evenings.